Saturday, July 19, 2008

Malaise

Here's a word of the day for you:
Malaise
is a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness, an "out of sorts" feeling, often the first indication of an infection or other disease.

I didn't know this word until a few months ago when Darrell used it in a sentence. I said what? huh? What the heck is malaise? He couldn't believe that I didn't know that word. (Sorry, I must have missed that vocab word in English class.) Now it's a joke every time one of us feel malaise. :)

I have been feeling malaise with this pregnancy. I'm thankfully not sick & throwing up but I just feel blah! I open the fridge to find something to eat and nothing sounds good. I force myself to eat something and I feel better but within about 10 minutes I'm back to feeling malaise - tired and blah.

1 comment:

The Gentry's said...

Okay, so I have been a little behind the times with the move, Congrats!!!