Monday, July 21, 2008

Ironic things

What things in your life are ironic? Here are some paradoxes in mine:

* Salem won't eat the big regular Sunkist oranges yet he loves clementines or the canned mandarin oranges.
* My kids waking up even earlier than normal on a Saturday morning when we could have slept in, then the next day having to wake them up to get up for church.
* Laundry - I think I should get rid of clothes to cut down on the amount of laundry I do but if I got rid of the clothes I'd have to do more laundry because I'd have less clothes.
* Thinking you're completely ready to leave the house for an event, then suddenly scurrying the last 5 minutes to get ready.
* Unintentionally going a whole day without using the microwave, yet when the microwave is now not working, wanting to use it for everything!
* Going hours without using electricity, then when the power goes out thinking that we can't do anything because we have no electricity.
* One of my children not caring about a certain toy until the other child has it and he must play with it right now!
* Being too tired to go to bed.
* I don't eat hamburgers (with a big hunk of meat) but I'll usually eat sloppy joes.
* I subscribe to many email newsletters but hardly ever open any. My inbox has over 1300 unread messages.