Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Brace yourself

Brace yourself for the most exciting news of the day...







17 years ago today I got my braces on! (March 19th, 1991.) That makes me sound really old but I was only 10 yrs old when I got them on. I got the braces on in the middle of my 5th grade year and then had them off the August before my 7th grade year. (Then got my wisdom teeth out a year later.)

Here is a picture of me about half-way through my braces phase. My orthodontist gave me this T-shirt. I think I only wore it once. "The tin grin is in."

4 comments:

Brynn said...

That's awesome!!!!

Malia said...

Okay, so I have to admit I'm a blog stalker....but how can I not? I go from one person I adore and then see another and can't help but just keep going! You are so darn cute - and your kids are awesome! I'm glad I can check in on ya once in a while!

Heather said...

Thanks Malia & Brynn for your comments! It's great to reunite old friends! :)

The Gentry's said...

I wish my orthodontist would have given me shirt like that, I would have worn it all the time!