Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Successful Mothering Convention

I was in charge of a booth at the Successful Mothering Convention last Saturday. The Utah Breastfeeding Coalition sponsored a breastfeeding nook for nursing moms. I sat there for a few hours and gave out information about breastfeeding. I was able to listen to a couple different speakers, and also go look at the other booths.

I didn't stop at every booth, but there were a few noteworthy places, and I thought I'd type their web addresses, etc. for both my good as well as for you. Enjoy!

Utah Breastfeeding Coalition
(This was my booth, I'm the chairperson for the Promotions & Marketing Committee.)
www.utahbreastfeeding.org

Utah Birth Network
They're going to start screening The Business of Being Born at local libraries.
Parenting support groups
Bellycasting
www.utahbirth.net

Noodlesoup
Helping you build strong families
www.noodlesoup.com

Children's Service Society of Utah
Child Care Resource & Referral ~ Metro
Your child care connection
Free child care referrals online
www.css.utah.org

Learn with Shamu
There was a motivational speaker named Laura Surovik. Her topic was "The power of positive training techniques used to train Seaworld's famous killer whale, Shamu!"

Shamu's Life Balance HELPRS
H Husbandry & Rest
E Exercise
L Learning
P Play
R Relationship
S Shows
www.learnwithshamu.com

Morsels of Wisdom
There was a speaker named Vivian Cline. Her topic was "Morsels of Wisdom"
She spoke about a book called Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach, it has a little quote for each day.
She also talked about a book called The Ultimate Career by Daryl Hoole, the website is:
www.theartofhomemaking.com

Wasatch Woman
Magazine
http://www.wasatchwoman.com/

American Mother's Inc.
Stregthening the Moral and Spiritual Foundatoins of the Family and Home
www.americanmothers.org
www.amiutah.org

Utah Home Education Association
When it comes to education, there's no place like home.
www.uhea.org

The Lighted Candle Society
Awaken our fellow citizens to the ultimate dangers of pornography
www.lightedcandle.org
www.familyfragments.com
www.herstorylives.com

UCan
Utah Cancer Action Network
www.ucan.cc

Parents as Teachers
Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve parenting practices
Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues
Prevent child abuse and neglect
Increase children's school readiness and school success
www.patnc.org

One World Everybody Eats
Fresh organic vegetarian and meat dishes
www.oneworldeverybodyeats.org

Just Between Friends
Children's consignment shop
You get 70% of the sale of your clothes & items
www.jbfsale.com

Utah All Kids Sale
Children's consignment shop
You get 70%-80% of the sale of your clothes & items
www.utahallkidssale.com

Yoga Monkeys
Yoga for little minds, bodies & hearts!
Mom & tot classes available
www.utahyogamonkeys.com

See abc's
Develops reading skills 2-10 times faster
www.seeabcs.com

ATI Grocery
This guy showed how he can get groceries for cheap, but I like pinchingyourpennies.com better. He said that you have to pay to get his info. LAME!
www.atigrocery.com/1

Internet Keep Safe Coalition
Protect your child from internet danger
www.ikeepsafe.org

Mom-ease
A non-profit making it wasy for families to live healthy, sustainable lifestyles
www.momease.info


No comments: