Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happiness is...Volume 2 Part 1

I haven't done a happiness post in a while. That must mean I'm miserable! :) Although these pregnancy hormones make me happy, sad, or miserable within seconds I still have things to be happy about.

(Some of these I wrote a while ago, so they may be Christmas related.)

Happiness is...
* Oaklen closing the door for me to use the bathroom and saying "You need your priva-seat?" (privacy.
* Coming up with silly names for the baby with my boys.
* Watching Frosty the Snowman with the fam for the first time.
* Oaklen yelling "Happy-yeah!" when we tell him something exciting.
* Teaching Salem what a commercial is (at 5 yrs old!)
* Getting Christmas cards from good friends.
* Knowing that I am a child of God.
* Feeling the Christmas spirit, all year long.
* Listening to Oaklen roll-play and pretend with his little people and toys.
* Watching our quail family in our backyard.
* Oaklen telling Darrell that he belongs at the man-village. (From the Jungle Book)
* The boys having fun with moonsand.
* Oaklen recounting or "reading" the book A Fish Out of Water.
* Picking Salem up from school every day and asking me "Do you have a surprise for me?"
* Oaklen then telling Salem "I don't have a surprise for you, Salem."
* Watching the garbage trucks with Oaklen on Thursday mornings.
* Oaklen realizing the difference between feel-good food and junk food.
* Salem making good choices with his eating.
* Salem making his own breakfast. He prepares ane egg from start to finish, and even puts his dish away.
* Oaklen looking at my hangnails and saying "I'm sorry!"
* Brother hugs and baby brother hugs.
* Giving 20 kisses to each boy before bed then singing the goodnight song.
* My boys giving me comfort when I start to cry. They come to hug me and give me a tissue.
* Oaklen wearing his pajamas and looking like Uncle Fester.
* Naked bums...then me saying "who has a naked bum?"
* Oaklen saying "Jesus Christ has wounds?" loud and clear during the sacrament ordinance at church. Then later saying "Is it time to go?"
* Salem finding joy in such simple things and projects for "mom & me" time.
* Staying up later and talking with Darrell.
* Salem wanting to reserve the same books at the library instead of spending money and buying the books from the school book order.
* Oaklen coming in my room early in the morning and saying "Mom, can I snuggle with you?"
* Having an eternal family.

3 comments:

Christa said...

Oh, I wish Avery and Peyton understood the importance of private-seat. I never get to use the facilities undisturbed. Unless it's at 3:00 in the morning.

Emmaree Josephson said...

Happiness is being able to talk to you on the phone almost everyday and reading your latest edition on your blog.

Katie said...

Happiness for Ayden is the blue-bear you gave him for my babyshower. He has a 36 stuff animals but that is the only one he loves. I love reading your blog.