Monday, August 30, 2010

Same Difference and Third Time's a Charm

I wanted to quickly update and let you know our new church callings...

Same Difference - On July 4th, Darrell was released as 1st counselor in the bishopric and then called as the 1st counselor in the new bishopric.  He is now the veteran bishopric member and is still enjoying it.

Third Time's a Charm - I told you a few months ago that I was released as Primary President then immediately called to be the Music Director. A few weeks ago I was released and called to be the Relief Society Secretary.  That calling only lasted a few weeks since yesterday I was called and sustained as the Stake Primary 1st Counselor.  So, I guess third time's a charm. :) I expect to be in this calling for a while.

It's an interesting story, the lady that they called to be the president doesn't know many people in the stake. To help, the stake presidency provided her with a list of names to choose as counselors.  She went through the names and prayerfully chose her counselors. After I was sustained in sacrament meeting, we went to be set apart and I met the newly called president. She seems like a nice lady and I'm excited to work with her.  She truly was inspired. :)  PS - If anyone has any advice for primary on a stake level, let me know!

2 comments:

Draper's said...

That is too funny! I hope this one sticks.

Malia said...

Hey Heather! I was the 1st counselor in the Stake Primary Presidency for about three years. BEST calling I've ever had. I LOVED it!! I don't know if I have much advice since every stake seems to handle things a little bit differently...but I guess SOME advice I could give is to get to know the ward presidencies individually so you can help them with their individual needs. You're going to do awesome - and you're going to LOVE it!!