Here is the story that goes along with the last blog... I tried to have you guess the story behind the image but most of you were trying to interpret what the drawing was on the window. Good guesses! :)
Last Friday we, as a family, spent many hours outside enjoying the warmer weather. Oaklen liked being outside but kept going in for various reasons and I'd have to go inside and tell him to come back out. Finally it was getting late enough that when he went in the last time, I didn't go get him. He was inside for a matter of 10-15 minutes. (Hmm...now if I was Oaklen, what would I do with 10 minutes to myself?)
I came inside and after a while we went upstairs for our bedtime routine. I walked into the upstairs TV room and there staring at me was this drawing on the window:
Me: (looking at Oaklen) "Did you do that?"
Oaklen: (after looking sheepish and trying to deny it) "Yes."
Me: (stepping closer for a better look, and noticing that it had yellow residue) "Is this chapstick?" (We had just opened a new chapstick container that made your lips yellow.)
Oaklen: "No"
Then it dawned on me...this is Oaklen we're talking about...
Me: "Oaklen, is this cheese?"
Oaklen: (giggling) "Yes"
Me: Ei yei yei! :)
So then I asked him if he ate the whole entire cheese brick and he said yes. Later I asked him again to make sure.
Me: "Oaklen, are you sure you ate the whole thing, or did you hide it somewhere? It either needs to be in your belly or in the fridge because if it's hiding somewhere it's going to get moldy and gross and bugs could come."
Oaklen: "Oh, uh, there's some in the closet."
So, we ventured to the closet by Ezril's room. Oaklen poked around to find it but couldn't. Then I dug around to find a small piece of cheese leftover, unwrapped. He probably ate about 7 oz of sharp cheese!
I'm glad I found the missing cheese, and now I know that cheese is a good window crayon. :)
I love ya Oaklen, even if you're cheesy.
PS - I've never read "Who moved my cheese?" but maybe I should. I just reserved it at the library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is hysterical! Scott has read Who Moved My Cheese and highly recommends it. :)
Did his belly hurt? I can only imagine!! Ha ha.
That's so funny! Oaklen is so stinking cute!!
Oaklen! What a little stinker! He's so funny! I'm glad you found the little bit of leftovers before it turned green.
What a character. That makes me laugh. How was his belly feeling the next day?
His belly was fine as usual since his body is used to uncanny amounts of cheese. He also loves cottage cheese and any moment that I'm occupied upstairs, he runs downstairs and eats it straight from the container. He often finished the 16 oz container in one day!
Post a Comment