Here are 30 things I love about Darrell... (in no particular order.)
1. His Saturday night kisses (smooth and freshly shaved for Sunday morning.)
2. He can fix anything, if he doesn't know how, he just tries and does it anyway!
3. His testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, he's so valiant!
4. He serves everyone.
5. He doesn't complain.
6. He licks his lips while smiling when he talks about something funny someone said.
7. He plays the guitar and makes up cool songs.
8. His THICK hair.
9. His gorgeous blue eyes, I could stare into them all day.
10. He always "anxiously engaged" in a good cause, you sometimes can't keep him still.
11. He never replaces the toilet paper roll. I found that out quickly after we were married, he'll just get out a new roll and leave it on the counter. It would have started to bug me but I decided to just appreciate it and now I think it's cute every time I see and empty toilet paper roll. :) (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, I think he's replaced it twice since we've been married.)
12. He takes off his shoes and/or socks each night and walks around rubbing his feet into the carpet to scratch them. One time we were visiting his parents and we realized that his father does the same thing too!
13. I think it's adorable when he conducts a meeting for church. I just beam with delight because he's so cute!
14. He has very shapely legs and slender ankles.
15. He's not too hairy but just hairy enough :).
16. He has a very high self esteem and encourages me to have one as well.
17. He prefers to drive when we're together. (I hate driving.)
18. He is such a fun Dad, the boys jump for joy when he gets home from work and they pray "please bless that we'll have a fun time with Daddy" whenever he gets to be home for a while with them.
19. He's extremely determined and dedicated. When his mind is made up, it's impossible to change.
20. He's frugal just like me. I don't have to worry that he'll go spend more than about $4 without talking to me about it.
21. He's a "go-getter" and always is getting things done.
22. He's also a "go-to man." Often times people ask him for help since he knows what to do.
23. I love watching movies with him. He finds humor in parts that I never would have, and he even puts up with my annoying questions like "What happened? What did he say?" When he hasn't seen the movie either. (Yeah, I'm one of "those" people.)
24. He is an amazing cook, chef, baker. He can turn anything into delicious food. His neighbors when he was growing up (the Campbell's) said that their kids would complain that there would be nothing in the house but condiments, then Darrell would come along and make some concoction and it would actually look good! :)
25. He knows his scriptures even with his eyes closed. There have been many times that we'll be reading the scriptures together as a couple and while I'm reading he's listening and corrects me on a scripture when he's not even looking at the page! Then when he reads, he'll sometimes deviate from the passage and make something up to ensure I'm still listening!
26. He's such an easy-going guy. He makes mountains into mole hills and doesn't worry about anything. He just trusts the Lord to help him through; wow, what faith!
27. He uses at least 6 pillows to sleep with every night. Two in front, one body pillow in the back, one under his head, one on top of his head, and one for his arm. He has grown accustomed to it and "can't sleep" without that pillow configuration. He's so funny, yet cute.
28. He stays physically fit by riding his bike or running.
29. He can't wait for my birthday or Christmas, he always gives me my present early and it's usually unwrapped since he figures I'll find out or something. Though, last year for Christmas he wrapped them and put them under the tree and "kept my ground" to open them on Christmas even though he coaxed me to open them every day for weeks before Christmas.
30. Last but not least, I love that he loves me so much! Thank you for bringing so much happiness into my life, I love you Darrell Wallace!
3 comments:
Happy 30th Darrell!
Happy Birthday Darrell!!
Happy 30! It's a great age!
Post a Comment